Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Speak of the devil...

Last night I was working on cleaning and rearranging my room, specifically my closet. I'll admit this up front: I'm weird. Ever since I was little I've loved to find small, cozy spaces to spend my time in. I became particularly fond of closets as I grew up, and tended to use them more as a little reading nook rather than storage. So I decided to clean out my present closet and return it to its former purpose.

I was in the midst of cleaning off the shelves and re positioning everything when I encountered an interesting (read: creepy) phenomenon. Every time I'd place something on a shelf and turn around, it would suddenly fly off and hit the carpet with a thud. The items weren't just sliding off the edge, they were shooting off the shelf and across the closet. I ignored it at first thinking I'd simply placed a few things incorrectly, but then it started happening with both shelves, and no matter how many times I'd put things up there they'd come flying down.

Prior to this these shelves had been stacked with the very same objects, for the last several months or so. I'd never had an issue with anything falling off before, so I didn't suspect and uneven shelf or something of the like. I tried to ignore it for a while, but it was happening so frequently that I was doing more replacing than cleaning.

I grabbed Fumiko from off my bed and sat her in the closet with me and suddenly it stopped. Not another object fell inside the closet for the rest of the night. The other parts of my room weren't so lucky, but by then it was late enough that I just went to bed and ignored it completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment