Thursday, August 17, 2017

Back to Basics

I figured it's about time for my once in a blue moon, is this really a post, oh my gosh it is update.

I took a bit of a loose hiatus from dolls for a while, primarily because I wasn't feeling that spark like I used to. That's never good when you try to force it, so I focused on other things for a while. After a few months I started to tentatively get back into the hobby, and brought home a few new friends to help the transition. I'll have some more detailed posts up on them eventually, but here's a snapshot.



Grail doll achieved. Seriously, she is so pretty it hurts. Say hello to Aubrey, my Volks SD Megu. I think she will soon be the one and only (and last) girl doll in my collection, because I've realized I just don't bond well with the ladies. Such is the hobby, but at least I have her.


This fellow is a custom Resinsoul Gang with Mei ears in green. He is actually my second Gang, and the love is strong with this one. He's been so fun to sew for and to photograph. He's actually based on a Vulcan from Star Trek, with the green color thrown in because 1. Resinsoul's green is glorious. 2. Because many of the comics I read about Star Trek often portray Spock as green even though it's just his blood. I like this more cartoonish presentation, and thus he was born. Say hello to Soval.


The final new doll isn't here yet, but he should be sometime next week. He is a WS Minifee VE (vampire elf) Woosoo. It's been about seven years since I've had a minifee, and I've been in the hobby for eight years so... I'll admit outright that I'm not a huge fan of most minifees. They're definitely adorable and there's some great creativity going on for many of them, but I find the majority to be a little too cookie cutter looking for my taste. Again no judgement on others, just not my personal style. Previously I had a MNF Seorin and a MNF VE Shiwoo, the latter of which I liked more than the former. I will say though that they pose fantastically, and everything fits them. EVERYTHING. I mean obviously there are clothes made for other bjds, more so than they used to be. However, minifees by far have the most easily accessible clothing I've seen, which is a huge perk. I already have a pretty substantial collection of MSD sized clothing, but I am going to add to it a bit for this guy. He may already have a few outfits on the way...  In any event, say hello to the tentatively named Auren. 




No comments:

Post a Comment