Sunday, February 8, 2015

Shopping!

I just finished a big deadline at work on Friday, so I decided to splurge a little on Emmanuel because he has the least clothes of all the dolls despite being my favorite. And what he does have doesn't fit very well given how tall/thin he is.  I've been taking him to work with me on occasion as well, which necessitates more clothes that fit.  Can't have him flashing the entire staff!

I had taken Sep to work for a week as my "motivation" towards the deadline, but I took Emmanuel in for the last two days to help give me that extra push.  Plus, my tech guy is fascinated/freaked out by my dolls and loves to come play with them. ;)  I made him signs each day as well to help motivate him, and it seemed to work!

I have to say though, it's rather difficult to easily buy for a big Dollshe boy.  There are a few things here and there, and some on the second-hand market, but it's not nearly as expansive as I would like.  I do eventually want to get him a suit, though that's a little further down the line (and will be an investment).  For now I purchased him a fun pair of boxers and two shirts from Velvet Tiger BJD on Etsy, who looks to have a lot of great 70CM bjd options.  I'm looking forward to him having some shirts that actually fit length-wise.
 I also picked up a wig, a pair of pants, some shoes, and some odds and ends (elastic, s-hooks) from Mint on Card as well.  I think the pants themselves will be a little big at the waist, but I'm looking to try to find a few new options for him.  I shall review everything when it gets here so others can have a good idea of what fits/doesn't fit/looks hopelessly ridiculous. (Hopefully not much of that happens!)





No comments:

Post a Comment