Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The good, the bad, and the dolls.

Things have been relatively quiet on the doll front for me lately, with the exception of me finally getting the tan RS Song I've drooled over for forever.  Which was admittedly the product of a small "fun fund," a very stressful week, and a 1AM visit to Denver Doll's website...

Which means I now have two Songs, just in different colors. I was looking to trade my WS Song, however it appears he has some damage I was unaware of when I initially looked at trading him.  He looks fine in artificial light, but in daylight there are some scratches on his legs that are fairly visible. I think they're fixible if I wanted to sand him (though I'm not sure I want to find out how yellowed he is), but they're definitely not something I feel comfortable trading with.  I like to make sure dolls are in tip-top shape when I trade them, which usually involves a few different evaluations and a bath before I let them go. And unfortunately he doesn't pas muster. :(

So I have two Songs and a little inspiration of what to do with them, so we'll see if that pans out.  It's unfortunate I can't trade him, but I suppose if I'm going to keep him, I should do something with him.  Potentially pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment