Friday, March 28, 2014

Dolly Karma

I like to joke that "dolly karma" is a thing.  Basically, do good things in the dolly world and it will come back to you.  So when I was able to put Fumiko's new Obitsu body on layaway, I said that was my doll karma coming back to me.  But I had even more recently that is almost a little too crazy to believe.

When I first got Uri, I purchased some lovely cat eyes from Ersa Flora.  They were just stunning, and fit Uri perfectly.  When I moved to my first apartment, a lot of doll stuff got packed away.  For whatever reason I went into the garage (where everything was stored) and was grabbing some doll stuff, and saw that Uri's eyes were wonky.  So of course I decided to try and fix them, and managed to drop one into the recesses of the garage. 0_0

I scoured that garage, and even took apart all the boxes/bags in the area, but I found nothing.  I finally decided it was a lost cause and gave up.  I later got him different eyes from Ersa Flora, but kept the lone cat eye just in case.

Cut to a few weeks ago when my mother's garage collapsed under the snow.  Thankfully no one was inside or near it, but a lot of our stuff was.  We got a company to come and lift the walls so we could get anything salvageable out, and more than we expected was able to be saved.  I dug out pretty much all of my doll stuff, and put it in new containers.  My mother handed me a small bag that she'd put some random items she'd found in, including some doll hands (Fumiko's) and some camera cards.  And there in the bottom of the bag, was the missing eye.  She'd found it in the debris, and tucked it into the bag to give to me.  Not a scratch on it.

Now that is dolly karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment