Thursday, March 13, 2014

Body Stuff

Creative title is creative.

So I mentioned a few posts ago how I had sort of make a Frankenstein body for Ghost out of his SD10 torso (one piece), and arms/legs of the SD13 body.  It actually worked pretty well aside from some wonkiness in the legs, but he could stand and sit and pose.  However it wasn't really ideal as it was, and I wasn't sure I wanted to take on the daunting task of modding his torso to accept those SD13 legs.  So...back to the drawing board.  Or rather the sand paper.

Armed with more sandpaper and an iPod full of "move" music (aka Dropkick Murphys!), I attacked the neck of the SD13 body again.  I had sanded it before, but I hadn't really taken enough off to make it look quite right.  Not this time though, this time I defeated the thick-necked enemy!

It still needs some finishing work, to smooth the resin out a bit.  But overall I'm pretty satisfied with the fit.  He still retains a good range of motion, and the head sits much better than it did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment