Friday, February 7, 2014

New Eyes

"Purple haze," by MoC
I decided to purchase Ghost some new eyes, as the blue pupil-less pair just didn't fit right.  It's amazing how bjd eyes can be like jeans...all the same size and yet they all fit differently!  The blue were also 18mm, but they have a very high dome.  Consequently they can't really be positioned up at all, at least not without causing weird gaps.  Over the past week I've tried at least ten pairs of eyes on him (in him?), and all but one pair have similar problems.

Ghosts eye wells are strange, as I've mentioned before.  He's an older sculpt, and so some of his features are uneven or sized strangely.  His eyes are definitely two different shapes, and the insides even more so.  As such I find it hard to put him in eyes with a sold black pupil, because one always looks the wrong way.  I really like the red/orange eyes I've shown here before, as they fit him perfectly and look good.  But he's really not a red/orange kind of guy.  Blue, pink, purple, grey...definitely.  Red, yellow, orange...not so much.  So I picked up another pair of Mint on Card Inc eyes with same-colored pupils.  I've found that MoC eyes seem to fit his eye wells just right, so all I needed was the right color.  I hemmed and hawed between the purple and the pink, but the ones I chose were a little more neutral so they can work on a few different levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment