Monday, February 17, 2014

A few things that are neither here nor there...

X-Men! I just happen to like this logo in particular.
But Emmanuel comes from the present-day X-Men.
The more work I do with Emmanuel, the more I really enjoy him both as a doll and as a character.  He's really quite versatile character-wise, which is something new to me.  His character creation actually grew out of a conversation I had with VampireAngel13 in the comments of one of her blog posts about her X-Men au dolls.  I had Ghost and was sort of hemming and hawing about who or what he was.  We were chatting about character dolls and the X-Men, and I mentioned I was thinking of making him into some sort of X-Men themed doll.  She said go for it, and from that Ghost/Emmanuel was born.

One of my favorite images from the art books,
and what some of Emmanuel's SM alter ego is inspired by.
He certainly embodies the character I created, and my Nanowrimo writing sprung from that.  But at the same time he retains his parallel story line from the X-Men universe I created as well.  And, I've been crafting him a bit of an image and costume as an AU Bunny from Sailor Moon.  I'd been toying with the idea since I gave him his moon mark on his forehead, and this new pink and white wig has only made that curiosity stronger.*

For most of my dolls, they tend to have one persona, and that's it.  I can throw that character into different situations including different "worlds" if you will, but they don't fundamentally change.  Emmanuel though seems to take well to changing and evolving, without losing who he is, which is quite nice.  Now to just make him all the outfits he needs to fulfill these different roles!


*This kind of came together in a funny way.  When I first got Emmanuel (then Ghost), he was heavily inspired by Sailor Moon.  In particular I modeled him after both Luna and Artemis.  I'm not sure what about him said "guardian cat," but it did. That's part of why I gave him his moon mark. From there the wig further inspired me because in the manga Bunny's hair is seen not only as blonde, but pink and white as well.  Also, in his own story, Emmanuel receives the nickname "Rabbit" from one of his significant others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment