Monday, October 21, 2013

Another Anime Con!

AAC was awesome this year, I'm so glad I went for the full weekend rather than just a day.  I got to meet all sorts of wonderful people, see neat costumes, play games, and danced my tail off.  I can't wait for next year!

I arrived at the con Friday afternoon, dressed in my "lazy Winchester"outfit (aka my angel sigil tank, plaid shirt, and jeans). Ghost had the devil's trap sweatshirt on, along with jeans so we sort of matched. I didn't get any real pictures of this outfit unfortunately.


Friday night we wandered the con, did some shopping, and then ended up at the Platform One concert.  Love these guys!  Sort of new wave, goth-esque music, with a front man that looks exactly like Alan Rickman's Snape (and knows it!).  We danced along with the band, and then were able to say hello and get a picture with them after.


The band! (my friend SourBrains is Jayne!)


Day two!  Saturday is the biggest day of the con with everyone arriving and setting up, and a full day of panels.  We ran around in the morning to get our friend set up in the dealer's room, and then started our own fun.

Our friend's  booth (SourBrain's sister)! She crochets like a wizard, and made all those ponies for the con.  And she makes a mean Jayne hat.  If you're looking for anything crocheted find her as kalithegeek on Tumblr.


This is me attending what I jokingly refer to as "floor con," or the moments when you need a rest and just sit on the floor and crash for a bit.

Ghost at floor con with me!


Ghost in the hotel room with my mask.


 Shopping! I bought an awesome hair bow (Sailor Jupiter) from Sakky, who makes amazing plush and bows.  I'm going to wear this one to death, I can already tell.  Mohawk + hair bows makes me happy.

Saturday's outfit was an amalgamation of some of my dance attire, making it like a huntress outfit.  


The tail below I bought while there, so awesome!


Saturday part II, we changed and wandered around the con taking photos and doing all sorts of shenanigans.  This is me with two really awesome people in fursuits. Look at that armor! 


Portrait on the lawn by SourBrains. This was my second Saturday outfit.

Got to get the tail!


Saturday part III!  After relaxing and attending a photography panel (photos of Ghost and I pending!), we changed and got ready for the night's activities.  We hit up a karaoke panel first, but it ended up kind of being a bust.  Sour dressed in his fancy best, and I had on some sparkly shorts, a black tank, my tail and a pair of ears, and a bedazzled vest.  No pictures of this outfit, aside from this one.


We partied well into the night, hitting up another club outside the con (we were the only ones dancing!) and at the rave.  Then we joined up with some new friends and played Cards Against Humanity until 4am.  So exhausting, but a lot of fun.

Sunday was a day of "oh my god why didn't I drink more water yesterday" and "ow...my head..."  I don't drink alcohol, but I still get hangovers when I don't drink enough water, and boy did I feel bad on Sunday!  So I ended up helping pack up the hotel room, and attended on panel about bjds (shout outs to all the great people I met!) before heading home.  I did take a few shots of ghost, though none of my equally garish costume.



It was a lot of fun over all, and I can't wait for it to come back around again!






No comments:

Post a Comment