Monday, February 11, 2013

He has arrived!

After much refreshing of the USPS tracking page, I saw that my boy finally arrived.  I ran and picked him up and took a quick lunch break to open the box and string him.  I then of course realized he was an SD10 and I have absolutely no clue how to string one...lol.  So he is currently still in pieces, his head sitting on my desk at this moment.

But, that snafu aside, he is amazing.  The SD line is part of Volks' "another yourself" concept, and that struck me the moment I saw this boy.  It's in part a function of his eyes, which are pretty much the same exact color as mine, as well as the black wig I had on hand for him (like my hair).  But regardless of those coincidences, it just hit me hard.  He is just fantastic.

I'm going to try and string him tonight when I get home after work, and I think I may wipe his face up too.  It's lovely, but just not something I'd like for my boy. I'm also undecided on the wig, I may just get him another black wig as this one is a bit of a pain.

Speaking of changes...I think, as I somewhat expected, that he has his own character budding just below the surface.  Which is fine, I think regardless I can make it work into the story as I wanted anyway.  Just a little differently than planned, and Uri retains his title as the only Uri.

No comments:

Post a Comment