Tuesday, February 12, 2013

After it's all said and done...

I'm not sure I've ever had this much trouble restringing a doll, but I guess they say the things you work for are the most rewarding.  I'm not sure about that, but my hands do hurt like crazy...

I did end up wiping his face after all.  It was beautiful, but just not the right look for my boy.  Now that it's off I can see him a little better.  And I found that he actually has the old-fashioned carved eyebrows which was a neat surprise.  His face/face shape is also much more gender neutral without the face up.  I'm not sure what I want him to look like yet, or even what his name will be, but it will come.

Overall he's a great example of adorable old bjd.  His body is cute and chubby, as are his hands, and his face is very anime-esque.  I'm particularly in love with his big eyes.  I always buy Uri reflective eyes because his eye openings are so small, and the light really doesn't come through.  But this boy has big, wide eyes.  I think I will keep his "default" brown eyes because they are so pretty, and they remind me of my eyes.

And beyond that...no idea.  I've had a few thoughts on a name, but nothing that has stuck yet.  Same goes with a style.  We'll see what comes with time.


No comments:

Post a Comment