Friday, October 14, 2016

Imaginarium Galleries Drabbit

While at the ren faire I wandered over to Imaginarium Galleries booth and tried on a few dragons. I actually have a wood baby from many years ago (from A Midsummer Knight's Dream), but the "drabbits" (dragon rabbits) are a slightly differently styled bunch. I tried on a big green fellow who had lovely hooves, but didn't quite fit right. Then I happened upon this fellow and fell in love.

He is one of their smaller sized shoulder drabbits, though I can't quite determine what "breed" he is. He has the typical head movements (up-and-down, side-to-side), and poseable wings. He will need some more breaking in, but that will come over time. 



He actually matched my ren faire outfit quite well, though that wasn't quite intentional. It was funny because after adopting him, I met another faire goer who had also purchased a drabbit that. We looked at each other and laughed because our drabbits matched our costumes (and personalities) so well. 

I decided to name my fellow Skellig because that was the first name that came to mind. He's not really related to the book of the same name, though I have a feeling I read that many years ago. He just seems like a skeleton-themed fellow. I like to think he was bred for a villain, but decided to turn to a life of good. Or mostly good, as he does seem to perturb my dog quite a bit. Here he is in his winged-glory. 

My October plans have been somewhat held up by my recent illness and resulting complications, but I plan on taking him out for some fun once I have him broken in a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment