Saturday, April 7, 2012

Painting again!

Doing face ups is probably one of the most enjoyable parts of the hobby for me, followed closely by making clothes and accessories for the dolls. Art is calming, and I find that painting and customizing my dolls is a great way for me to relax and process through creativity at the same time.

As usual I'm repainting Gabe again. I liked this last face up, but I wanted to change a few things on it. I think he needs to have some more natural tones for wigs and such, so I'm going to fiddle with it. I'm keeping his character-specific marks and expanding.


I got the new boy's eyes in today, and they're beautiful. I have this mad love for glass eyes, and these ones are just stunning. They're from Mint on Card Inc. and are a pair of blue-grey with looping lines inside. So beautiful in person. I also got some of his clothes and a pair of leather boots in for him too, but no doll until next week. It's funny to have such cute little clothes and nobody to wear them.

I'm still undecided if this little guy will in fact be a small version of Gabe, though that's what I'm leaning towards. Then my mind started writing this other story.... We'll see. :) I'd kind of prefer a little miniature Gabe, not so much as a child version but just a smaller, slightly more portable version.

And now I'm off to listen to some crazy dubstep and paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment